Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia Penyediaan dan Pembuatan Makanan Tahap 2 & Tahap 3Inquire Now
Food Preparation & Production
– 21 months (Package for Level 2 & 3), includes an internship
Time: 9.00 am to 5.00pm (Theory and Practical)
The Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) is aligned with the National Occupational Skills Standards(NOSS) set by Jabatan Kemahiran (JPK) under the Ministry of Human Resources and are recognized by the Malaysian Government. The program is constructed as follows:
This course covers a range of basic and intermediate principles, skills and techniques used by the Commis or a Chef. Each lesson will help you learn the basic terminology, the basic kitchen equipment needed to help you on your way, how to read a recipe, how to convert recipe written in the metric system and so forth. Everyone can cook, but indeed you need to learn the basic skills to Master the trade.
This qualification is designed for individuals in training or already employed in the catering industry, including those with supervisory responsibilities. It develops the knowledge and skills required to operate effectively in the food preparation sector and provide a sound platform from which to progress to employment, higher education and management level roles.
HT-012 – 2: 2012/HT – 012 – 3: 2012
- Food Preparation and Production are embedded with the Western – Asian Cuisine menu and livestock in the syllabus.
- Hygiene, Kitchen Safety and Food Handling
- Cooking Technique
- Stock, Soups and Hot Sauce Production
- Main Course Production
- Rice and Farinaceous Production
- Appetizer Production
- Breakfast Production
- Dessert Production
- Catering Set-Up Activities
- Food Production Quantity and Quality Control
- Catering Activities Coordination
- Supervisory Administrative Function
- Basic Kitchen Equipment Management Maintenance
- Basic Stewarding
- Basic Butchery
- Basic Cost Control
Our students will be exposed real industry practices as part of their 6-month internship, where they will put their skills to the test, thereby giving them knowledge and experience required either in a bakery or pastry retail outlet, restaurants, hotels, catering kitchens or other culinary enterprises.