Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is widely regarded as an important and fundamental part of any digital marketer’s arsenal, yet it still remains very misunderstood by many who still follow SEO techniques from the 90’s and early 2000’s. Search Engine Optimisation has come a long way since then due to Google setting the standard and high bar for websites to aspire to. However, the techniques and SEO strategies that can be employed are relatively simple to achieve.
Our SEO training course and workshop demystifies the jargon associated with search engine optimisation, helping marketers, designers and developers create successful SEO campaigns that will compliment other online marketing activity as well as improve ranking in Googe search and other major search engines. Participants have attended from industries such as travel/tourism, F&B, education, creative agencies and financial/banks.
The day is packed full of useful strategies, case studies, recommended tools and the very latest research on best practice. It aims to empower attendees to run their own SEO campaigns or to better manage their SEO agency relationships
Previous attendees of this course include: Melia Hotels, Manulife Insurance, Kulim Malaysia, Alphamatic and many more.
- Overview of the search marketing landscape
- How search engines work and rank relevant websites in search results
- How social media is impacting on SEO
- A review of the risks when running SEO campaigns
- Examples of common SEO implementation issues
- Setting and measuring SEO goals and objectives
- Keyword research and planning: outsmarting your competitors
- Keyword research tools and software
- Using research tools to avoid the Google penalty
- How the psychology of user search behaviour impacts on website design
- Competitor benchmarking - techniques and tools
- Understanding how search engines crawl websites
- Creating and submitting webmaster sitemaps
- Techniques to deal with duplicate or similar content
- Dealing with migrating or relaunching websites
- How to create metadata for search engines and social networks
- Using Google tools to improve engagement and research keywords
- Managing your web designers: case studies of poor web design
- Using tools to run SEO audits
- A lesson in link building science
- Google PageRank and its influence on modern SEO
- Google official advice on SEO and tips
- Social Media and its effect on link building
- Optimising your website architecture for link building
- Using sitemaps and their benefit
- Different structured approaches to running SEO campaigns
- Reviewing, testing and refining search engine optimisation
- Future SEO trends
Abdul Awwal Mahmmod (Birmingham, UK): Abdul Awwal, born and raised in the city of Birmingham, United Kingdom, graduated from the initial batch of seven students who formed part of the innovative Multimedia degree program in the first ever such course offered by any educational establishment in the UK. Teesside University, based in the north of England in the city of Middlesbrough, was known as an innovative and genre-creating institute, producing experts in the fields of computing and technology.
Working closely with a variety of companies and organisations, covering such diverse areas as travel, retail, telecommunications, charities and media, Abdul Awwal has built up an impressive knowledge base, placing him in a position where he can effectively expound the benefits and usage of the vast tools available to small and medium businesses, especiall social media marketing, search engine optimisation (SEO) and creative web design.
With over 15 years experience conducting a wide range of courses, seminars, workshops and direct consultations within the fields of ICT, Digital Media, Marketing and Branding, Effective Online Presence and Social Media Utilisation, Charles Mann has created for itself a reputation among clients located across a broad global spectrum covering the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Brunei, Vietnam, Bhutan, Malaysia and Singapore.
Charles Mann has been operating and providing effective consultancy since 1996, the very formative period of mass take-up of the world wide web and online digital use by both commercial organisations as well as consumers. With its origins in the UK, Charles Mann has always been at the forefront of analysing and studying emerging technologies, and therefore passing on critical knowledge to small and medium sized businesses and organisations, equipping them with skills and understanding to further enhance their respective setups. ...